Cole Slaw with Cumin-Lime
Healthy Recipes: Fresh ingredients when available from our Organic Gardens.
– 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– Few dashes Bobby Flay’s Hot Sauce, or your favorite
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
– 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
– 1 red bell pepper, julienned
– 1 red onion, thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Salt and pepper
For the dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
For the slaw: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss with the dressing and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Note: Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay