Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
Healthy Recipes: Fresh ingredients when available from our Organic Gardens.
Yield: 12 muffins
Cook time: 15 min.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon honey
2 jalapenos, seeded & diced
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray; set aside
3. In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt
4. In a large glass measuring cup or bowl, whisk together buttermilk,
butter, sugar, eggs and honey. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir
using a rubber spatula just until moist.
5. Add jalapenos and cheese and gently toss to combine
6. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Place into oven and bake
for 15-17 minutes, or until tester inserted in center comes out clean
7. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.