Pumpkin Pecan Bars
Healthy Recipes: Fresh ingredients when available from our Organic Gardens.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (McCormick’s) divided
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugars, 5 of the teaspoons of the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt in large bowl until well blended.
- Pour into 13x9-inch baking pan which has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix and remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl with wire whisk. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Drizzle evenly with melted butter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm or serve at room temperature. Serve with whipped cream and Spiced Pecans, if desired. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.