Shrimp Tomato Spinach Pasta
Healthy Recipes: Fresh ingredients when available from our Organic Gardens.
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, uncooked, shelled and deveined
- medium tomatoes, fresh, chopped into large cubes
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 small lemon
- Salt and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 table-spoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil until melted. Add fresh shrimp and half the minced garlic. Make sure shrimp is not crowded. Cook for 1 minute on one side until pink on that side. While it’s cooking, generously sprinkle paprika and salt over uncooked side of the shrimp. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes until pink on other side.
- Add to the skillet with shrimp, tomatoes, cooked spinach, and remaining minced garlic. Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Mix everything well, remove from heat while you cook pasta.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent pasta from cooking further and turning mushy.
- Add pasta to the skillet with shrimp and vegetables with 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/4 of small lemon). Don’t add too much lemon juice.
- Season with salt and more crushed red pepper. Warm it up on medium heat until all ingredients are heated through. Serve topped with grated Parmesan.