Spaghetti with Pinot Grigio &
Healthy Recipes: Fresh ingredients when available from our Organic Gardens.
– 1 pound spaghetti pasta
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 3 shallots, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
– 1 1/2 cup Pinot Grigio (or other white wine)
– 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 2 pounds clams, washed
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 2 cups arugula
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and the garlic and cook for 3 minutes, until tender but not brown.
4. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another minute.
5. Add the wine, shrimp, and clams. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the shrimp are pink and the clams have opened, about 7 minutes.
6. Add the spaghetti to the seafood mixture.
7. Add the salt and pepper and stir to combine.
8. Add the arugula. Stir gently and place on a serving platter.
9. Serve immediately.